Check out the facebook page for Autistic Advancement.
BEFORE BEN HIRASUNA showed up for the first job interview of his life, he went for weeks at a time without leaving his parents’ home in Santa Monica. Outside, sun poured down; inside, he looked at the top of his forearm and noticed it was every bit as pale as its underside. To say Hirasuna is shy is to say the ocean is big — it captures nothing of the vastness of the feeling. He managed to attend college at Arizona State for just over a year but returned home for good in November 2017. For a few months, he took some classes at a local community college, but eventually his routine gave way to solitude at home. During the day, he slept; at night he rose to battle the enemy in futuristic cities and pastel landscapes on his PC, or tinkered on another monitor with any of the codes (Java, Perl, Rust, C++ and C#) he taught himself in high school. Finally, last November, his parents insisted that he get a job — any job, at the bakery down the street or at McDonald’s, if it came to read more
- Dell/EMC Autism Advantage at Work Summer Internship Program
- Google Online IT Support Certification Course
- Microsoft Autism Hiring Initiative
- Proctor and Gamble/Gillette Two Week Research and Development Internship for Individuals on the Autism Spectrum
- Meaningful Jobs Initiative: May Institute Training Program for Individuals with ASD Interested in Employment with the TSA and/or Security Industry
- Casting Call for Television Documentary EmployABLE Me